top of page
  • Writer's pictureNEMM

Firefighters tackle fire at Melton café

Fire crews from Melton Fire & Rescue Station were called to a fire within a commercial kitchen last night (Monday).


Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service recieved a call at 21:09 to reports of a fire at Kitchen & Coffee in Sherrard Street, Melton.


Two fire appliances from Melton station were sent to the incident and Sherrard Street was closed while firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, tackled the fire.


A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service said: "We received a call at 21:09 to reports of a fire, Firefighters wore Breathing Apparatus and used Hose Reel Jets to extinguish the fire. Dampening down and an investigation further took place and the incident has been closed."



Two fire crews attended the incident on Monday night. Photo: NEMM


Social media has been flooded with well wishes for the cafe which has recently been busy with Christmas Party bookings.


Melton Bid wrote: "So sorry to read this, hope the damage is minimal and you are open again really soon" While another person posted: "Devastated for you guys Kitchen and Coffee Melton hoping the damage isn’t too much and your back in serving some super food asap."


Montero Lounge which is next door to the cafe posted to confirm they were not affected by the fire. In a post on Facebook they said: " We wanted to inform you that despite the devastating events that occurred at Kitchen and Coffee last night, Montero has thankfully not been impacted and will remain open for trade.


Our hearts and best wishes go out to everyone impacted next door and we hope they can be up and running again as soon as possible."



A sign in the window of Kitchen & Coffee on Tuesday morning. Photo: NEMM


In a post on Facebook on Monday night Kitchen & Coffee, which opened in April, posted: "Due to a fire in our kitchen, we are truly heart broken to inform you we will be closed tomorrow whilst we assess the level of damage.


We will keep you updated as and when we know more, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause! Please be assured that we’ll work to get fully open as soon as we can.

Anyone with Christmas bookings with us this weekend, we will be in touch with you as soon as possible! Thank you for your continued support as always! We will be back very soon!"


Leicesterhire Fire & Rescue Service have confirmed the cause of the fire was accidental.



563 views0 comments

Comentários


bottom of page