top of page
  • Writer's pictureNEMM

42 year old man arrested after almost 12 hour standoff in Melton

A 42 year old man has been arrested following an incident in Blakeney Crescent, Melton.

Multiple police officers, armed police, firefighters and incident response vehicles from East Midlands Ambulance Service have been at the scene after a man was failing to leave the property and five other people were also inside.

A 42 year old man has been arrested. Photo: NEMM

It's now been confirmed that a man has been arrested after leaving the property at 9:30pm this evening (Monday).

Police had attended a property in the area at 9.54am today (Monday) to carry out an arrest attempt of a man.

The man had refused to leave the property. A number of other people were also inside the property.

Police, fire and ambulance crews have been at the scene all day. Photo: NEMM

Due to concerns for the welfare and safety of the people in the property, police dispatched trained negotiators to the scene. Two fire appliances from Melton and a support vehicle also from Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service were in attendance throughout the evening.

The negotiators continued to engage with the man and other people who were inside the property in order to resolve the situation as swiftly and as safely as possible.

Multiple emergency service vehicles were at the incident where a 42 year old man has been arrested. Photo: NEMM

A Leicestershire Police spokesperson said: " At around 9.30pm this evening, the man made his way safely out of the property.

Five other people who were in the property have also been confirmed as safe and officers continue to provide support. East Midlands Ambulance Service were in attendance at the scene. No serious injuries have been reported."

Emergency services have thanked the local community for their support during the incident. Photo: NEMM

Following the incident, a 42-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of engaging in coercive and controlling behaviour. He currently remains in police custody.

Leicestershire Police confirmed that officers currently remain at the scene continuing enquiries and an investigation remains ongoing.

The spokesperson added: "Officers would like to thank members of the local community for their co-operation and support today while the incident was ongoing."

715 views0 comments


bottom of page