top of page
  • Writer's pictureNEMM

Fire crews tackle domestic fire involving tumble dryer

Two crews from Melton Fire station were mobilised to a flat in Bentley Street this lunchtime to reports of a fire inside a domestic property.


Fire control recieved a call at 12:14pm today (Monday) stating that a tumble dryer was on fire in the kitchen.


Both appliances from Melton Fire & Rescue Station were sent to the incident in Bentley Street, Melton. Leicestershire Police also attended to deal with the road closure.


Smoke could be seen coming from the property before it was brought under control by the town's crews.


Both of Melton's appliances were mobilised to the incident in Bentley Street, Melton on Monday lunchtime. Photo: NEMM


A spokeswoman for Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service said: "We received a fire call to a domestic property at 12:14 pm. The caller stated that the tumble dryer was on fire, located in the kitchen. As of 12:43pm, the fire was confirmed extinguished, and our crews removed the dryer from the flat."


No injuries were reported in the blaze.


887 views1 comment

1 Comment


keith beech
keith beech
Nov 30, 2023

https://gofund.me/3601de98


If anyone would like to donate for the cause on helping the family get back to normality. There's a go fund me page and other donations are welcome.

Like
bottom of page