top of page
  • Writer's pictureNEMM

Detectives think mobile phone could be a key breakthrough in Plungar murder investigation

Detectives investigating the death of a man in Plungar are appealing for public help to find a mobile phone.

Officers investigating the death of Timothy Macdonald, whose body was found in a field in the village, believe a Samsung mobile phone could assist the ongoing investigation.

Police think it may have been picked up in the Vale of Belvoir area.

A spokesperson for Leicestershire Police said: "A number of enquiries are ongoing to locate the phone. As part of these enquiries, we are appealing to anyone who may have found a Samsung phone in the Vale of Belvoir area on Sunday 5 November or later to please make contact with us."

The body of 46-year-old Mr Macdonald was found in a field off Highgate Lane, at 3.30pm last Tuesday (7 November). A murder investigation remains ongoing into Mr Macdonald’s death.

Police at the scene after Mr Macdonalds body was discovered. Photo: NEMM

A post mortem examination has determined that Mr Macdonald’s cause of death was a gunshot wound injury, pending further tests.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector David Greenhalgh, from the East Midlands Special Operations Unit (EMSOU), said: “We continue to carry out full enquiries into Mr Macdonald’s death and I believe locating this phone will significantly help us in our ongoing investigation.

“I am therefore appealing to anyone who may have found a Samsung phone in the Vale of Belvoir area on or after Sunday 5 November, or who has any information in relation to its location, to please make contact with us. The phone could provide us with significant information.

“You can report online to us at www.leics.police.ukor call 101 quoting reference 23*690816. Thank you.”

As part of the investigation in to Timothys' death police attempted to stop a car on the A52 Bingham Bypass in Nottinghamshire.

Officers approached the vehicle where the male driver was found to have suffered a serious injury to his head. Despite the efforts of officers to provide immediate first aid to the man, he was pronounced deceased at the scene.

An IOPC investigation continues.

150 views0 comments


bottom of page