top of page
  • Writer's pictureNEMM

Staff devastated by pub fire in early hours

Main Road in Upper Broughton has now re-opened following a devastating fire in the early hours of this morning.

Staff have issued a statement on their Twitter page following the fire at the Tap & Run which is co-owned by England cricketer Stuart Broad and Nottinghamshire star Harry Gurney.

The blaze at the Tap & Run in Upper Broughton. Photo: Tap & Run.

In a statement the pub said: "We’re absolutely devastated to report that a fire broke out in the pub during the night. We are heartbroken to see our beautiful pub up in flames. Thankfully no one was hurt. We are sorry we will not be able to honour any bookings for the foreseeable future."

Firefighters at the scene early on Saturday morning. Photo: NEMM

Crews from Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire were called to the blaze just after 3:20am this morning (Saturday) and firefighters attended along a water carrier and aerial ladder platform.

Residents were warned to keep their doors and windows closed while firefighters brought the blaze, which has destroyed the building, under control.

The Fire Service believe it was an accident. Photo: NEMM.

In a statement issued on Saturday afternoon Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service confirmed the blaze was out.

They said: "The fire is completely out but we'll back throughout the day to make sure it stays that way . Believed to be an accidental fire. Main Road is open Thanks to all in local area for your patience and understanding."

The Tap & Run is very popular within the community and was voted one of the top 30 Sunday roasts by The Times newspaper.

At its peak, eight fire engines were in attendance. Photo: NEMM

The pub's statement continued: "Sorry for any distress the fire has caused the villagers. Thank you to the fire service who have been brilliant and thank you for everyone’s kind messages of support, we really appreciate it. We will keep everyone updated in the coming days and weeks."

In a statement issued on Twitter on Saturday evening Stuart Broad said: ”I couldn’t believe the news this morning. Not sure I still can. Our wonderful Pub @tapandruncw caught fire in the early hours. Thankfully no one was hurt, the Nottinghamshire Fire Service were incredible in their efforts & thank you to the villagers for the wonderful support & sorry for the disruption.

Thinking of our awesome staff today, every single person there has created a special pub for the community. It hurts right now but we will come out the other side.”

60 views0 comments


bottom of page